The Guardian Angels – Building a Kingdom of Love with Msgr John Esseff
Msgr. Esseff gives us some teachings on The Holy Angels. In this episode, he discusses our GUARDIAN ANGELS.
He addresses many topics including:
- The nature of the Guardian Angel
- Why the Guardian Angels accompanies us
- The difference between “giving your angel a name” and asking the Guardian Angel their name
- How and why the Guardian Angel desires to serve us
- How our Guardian Angel stays by our side no matter what. How our Guardian Angel can minister to us in pain, confusion, fear, and other areas of suffering
A prayer to our Guardian Angel
Angel of God,
my guardian dear,
To whom God’s love
commits me here,
Ever this day,
be at my side,
To light and guard,
Rule and guide.
“From infancy to death human life is surrounded by their (the angels) watchful care and intercession. Beside each believer stands an angel as protector and shepherd leading him to life. Already here on earth the Christian life shares by faith in the blessed company of angels and men united to God.”
– from the Catechism of the Catholic Church; 336.
Msgr. John A. Esseff is a Roman Catholic priest in the Diocese of Scranton. He was ordained on May 30th 1953, by the late Bishop William J. Hafey, D.D. at St. Peter’s Cathedral in Scranton, PA. Msgr. Esseff served a retreat director and confessor to Blessed Mother Teresa. He continues to offer direction and retreats for the sisters of the missionaries of charity around the world. Msgr. Esseff encountered St. Padre Pio, who would become a spiritual father to him. He has lived in areas around the world, serving in the Pontifical missions, a Catholic organization established by Bl. Pope John Paul II to bring the Good News to the world especially to the poor. Msgr. Esseff assisted the founders of the Institute for Priestly Formation and continues to serve as a spiritual director for the Institute. He continues to serve as a retreat leader and director to bishops, priests and sisters and seminarians and other religious leaders around the world.