- POA5 - "Know your Commander and Comrades" - Put On The Armor - A Manual for Spiritual Warfare w/Dr. Paul Thigpen Ph.D.
- Kris McGregorEpisode 5 - "Know your Commander and Comrades" - Put on The Armor - A Manual for Spiritual Warfare with Dr. Paul Thigpen Ph.D Dr. Thigpen offers insights on the Manual for Spiritual Warfare Chapter 3: How can we possibly defeat “that ancient Se…Read More
- DC32 St. Gregory of Narek – The Doctors of the Church: The Charism of Wisdom w/ Dr. Matthew Bunson
- Kris McGregorDr. Matthew Bunson discusses the life, times and teachings of St. Gregory of Narek Born: 951 Rshtunik, Vaspurakan, Bagratid Armenia Died 1003 Narekavank, Vaspurakan, Armenia Feast 13 October (Holy Translators day); 27 February (Roman Catholi…Read More
- RN-11 – Value 5-5 – Solidarity – Regnum Novum w/ Omar Gutierrez
- Kris McGregorEpisode 11 – Regnum Novum: Bringing forth the New Evangelization through Catholic Social Teaching with Omar Guiterrez - Value 5 The Common Good, Universal Destination of Goods, Subsidiarity, Participation, Solidarity part 5 From episode 11…Read More
- CTD#2 – "The Desert of Ordinary Life" - Crossing the Desert: Lent and Conversion with Deacon James Keating
- Kris McGregorEpisode 2 -Crossing the Desert: Lent and Conversion – "The Desert of Ordinary Life". --The only location for God to interact with us is deep within the ordinariness of our days. We are called to cherish the ordinary day, not because of its routi…Read More
- USCCA11 - The Four Marks of the Church - U.S. Catholic Catechism for Adults w/ Archbishop George Lucas
- Kris McGregorEpisode 11- The Four Marks of the Church Archbishop Lucas offers insights on the US Catholic Catechism for Adults Chapter 11: "In the earliest professions of faith, the Catholic Church identified herself as "one, holy, catholic, and apostolic." …Read More
- BTP-LR5 The "Last Retreat" Day 5 - Beginning to Pray with Dr. Anthony Lilles
- Kris McGregorBeginning to Pray: "The Last Retreat - Day 5 " - “I saw a great multitude which no man could number. . . ” From "Last Retreat Day 5" found in The Complete Works vol 1: 12. “I saw a great multitude which no man could number. . . . These are they w…Read More
- St. Agnes of Bohemia, the princess saint...In Conversation with Sr. Joan Mueller
- Kris McGregorSt. Agnes of Bohemia is one of my favorite saints and it has a lot to do with Sr. Joan Mueller, the master storyteller. St. Agnes was the great admirer and then great friend of St. Clare. Her tale is as dramatic and compelling as any novel written.…Read More
- Almsgiving - A Key in the Spiritual Life with Msgr. John Esseff
- Kris McGregorMsgr. Esseff reflects on the necessity of almsgiving in the spiritual life. It is vital for spiritual growth and renewal. Gospel Lk 6:36-38 Jesus said to his disciples: “Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful. “Stop judging and you…Read More
“Discerning Hearts is a trusted resource for Catholic spirituality and teaching. I support it as an apostolate for the new evangelization that brings the Good News to every corner of the world through the internet.”
Most Reverend George J. Lucas,
Archbishop of Omaha
Please consider donating in order keep this mission of evangelization afloat on the digital sea.
We are a non-profit 501(c)(3) TAX EXEMPT ministry
“Discerning Hearts offers orthodox resources for those who are serious about deepening their understanding of the spiritual life and the teachings of Holy Mother Church. I support this apostolate, which makes the treasury of Catholic wisdom and knowledge readily available.”
Most Reverend James Conley,
Bishop of Lincoln
Discerning Hearts is an outstanding resource for those searching for a deeper spirituality. It contains so many authors and speakers for enriching our spirituality. It’s a trusted resource and so quickly available. For those who live miles from their parish or a retreat center, this is the place to look! Join the many who are who are seeking the Face of God in a deeper way.
Most Reverend William J. Dendinger
Bishop of Grand Island
Please consider helping us. We are little boat on the big digital sea... We are non-profit 501(c)(3) TAX EXEMPT Public Charity Status 17 (b) (1) (A) (vi)
Episode 4 “What am I to do?” The Discernment of God’s Will in Everyday Decisions w/Fr. Timothy Gallagher
This episode offers a look at the importance of the disposition of heart, which like the Blessed Virgin Mary, seeks the will of God in whatever He wants. How do we gain that disposition and what are the means of obtaining that grace is what discussed in the next several episodes. In this conversation the importance of the retreat and even more importantly the role of sacraments is discussed.
For other episodes in the series visit The Discerning Hearts “Discerning the Will of God” page
Father Timothy M. Gallagher, O.M.V., was ordained in 1979 as a member of the Oblates of the Virgin Mary, a religious community dedicated to retreats and spiritual formation according to the Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius. Fr. Gallagher is featured on the EWTN series “Living the Discerning Life: The Spiritual Teachings of St. Ignatius of Loyola”.
For more information on how to obtain copies of Fr. Gallaghers’s various books and audio which are available for purchase, please visit his website: frtimothygallagher.org
- DWG3 – “What am I to do?” The Discernment of God’s Will in Everyday Decisions w/Fr. Timothy Gallagher
- DWG1 – “What am I to do?” The Discernment of God’s Will in Everyday Decisions w/Fr. Timothy Gallagher
- DWG2 – “What am I to do?” The Discernment of God’s Will in Everyday Decisions w/Fr. Timothy Gallagher
- DOS#10 Discernment of Spirits w/ Fr. Timothy Gallagher
- DOS#1 Discernment of Spirits w/ Fr. Timothy Gallagher