- Come, Holy Spirit
- BKL35 - The Great Gift of Penetcost with Msgr. John Esseff
- 5 days ago Kris McGregorMsgr. Esseff reflects on the readings for the great feast of Pentecost He discusses the birth of our true identity, and in particular, what it means to be Christ in the world today.Read More
- Holy Spirit, Make Your Home In Me - In Conversation with Fr. George Montague
- 5 days ago Kris McGregorFr. George Montague is an exceptional biblical scholar, as well as a humble pastor. His experience with the gifts given by the Holy Spirit are extraordinary and he shares those with us, but he also encourages us to seek the deepening of our own pray…Read More
- IP#131 Fr. Louis Cameli - The Devil You Do Not Know on Inside the Pages
- 7 days ago Kris McGregor"The Devil You Don't Know: Recognizing and Resisting Evil in Everyday Life" is not about some "sensationalistic" overview of the "creepy", instead it is a solid resource for those seeking to vanquish the ordinary means in which evil disrupts and dama…Read More
- IP#218 Dick Lyles - Answer Your Call on Inside the Pages
- 10 days ago Kris McGregorI cannot recommend a book more highly than this, "Answer Your Call: Reclaim God's Purpose For Faith, Family, and Work" is OUTSTANDING! The combined gifts of Dick and Martha Lyles have brought us must a gem which serves as a practical everyday guide…Read More
- IP#217 Pat Gohn - Blessed, Beautiful and Bodacious on Inside the Pages
- 10 days ago Kris McGregorWhat a sheer delight to talk with Pat Gohn about "Blessed, Beautiful, and Bodacious: Celebrating the Gift of Catholic Womanhood"! This book is a tour de force of insight on the unique gift of the authentic feminine nature. Pat has an engaging wri…Read More
- IP#216 Russell Shaw - American Church on Inside the Pages
- 11 days ago Kris McGregor"Americanization " a very important concept to comprehend when trying to understand the state of the Roman Catholic Church in America. In "American Church: The Remarkable Rise, Meteoric Fall, and Uncertain Future of Catholicism in America" offers th…Read More
- The Interior Castle by St. Teresa of Avila audio mp3 edition – The Seventh Mansions chapter 4
- 13 days ago Kris McGregor1. Vicissitudes of the Seventh Mansion. 2. Humility produced by them. 3. Such souls free from mortal and from wilful venial sins. 4. The fate of Solomon. 5. Holy fear. 6. These favours strengthen souls to suffer. 7. Crosses borne by the saints. 8. Ef…Read More
“Discerning Hearts is a trusted resource for Catholic spirituality and teaching. I support it as an apostolate for the new evangelization that brings the Good News to every corner of the world through the internet.” Most Reverend George J. Lucas, Archbishop of Omaha
Please consider donating in order keep this mission of evangelization afloat on the digital sea. We are a non-profit 501(c)(3) TAX EXEMPT ministry
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
- Friday, 24 May 2013 : Book of Sirach 6:5-17.A kind mouth multiplies friends and appeases enemies, and gracious lips prompt friendly greetings. Let your acquaintances be many, but one in a thousand your confidant. When you gain a friend, first test him, and be not too ready to trust him For one sort of friend is a friend when it suits him, but he will not be with you in time of distress. Another is a f […]
- Friday, 24 May 2013 : Psalms 119(118):126.96.36.199.34.35.Blessed are you, O LORD; teach me your statutes. In your statutes I will delight; I will not forget your words. Open my eyes, that I may consider the wonders of your law. Make me understand the way of your precepts, And I will meditate on your wondrous deeds. Give me discernment, that I may observe your law And keep it with all my heart. Lead me in the path […]
- Wednesday, 22 May 2013 : Psalms 119(118):188.8.131.52.174.175.Those who love your law have great peace, And for them there is no stumbling block. I keep your precepts and your decrees, For all my ways are before you. My lips pour forth your praise, because you teach me your statutes. May my tongue sing of your promise, for all your commands are just. I long for your salvation, O LORD, and your law is my delight. Let my […]
- Friday, 24 May 2013 :[…]
Click on the image above to find books and videos we recommend to you
Please consider helping us. We are little boat on the big digital sea... We are non-profit 501(c)(3) TAX EXEMPT Public Charity Status 17 (b) (1) (A) (vi)
Let him who is in desolation labor to be in patience, which is contrary to the vexations which come to him: and let him think that he will soon be consoled, employing against the desolation the devices, as is said in the sixth Rule.
The Discernment of Spirits: Setting the Captives Free – Serves as an introduction to the Spiritual Exercises of St. Igantius of Loyola
Father Timothy M. Gallagher, O.M.V., was ordained in 1979 as a member of the Oblates of the Virgin Mary, a religious community dedicated to retreats and spiritual formation according to the Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius. Fr. Gallagher is featured on the EWTN series “Living the Discerning Life: The Spiritual Teachings of St. Ignatius of Loyola”.
This entry was posted on Thursday, February 3rd, 2011 at 6:53 am
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.