“On the twelfth day of Christmas my true love gave to me: Twelve Drummers Drumming …” sounding out the cadence of what we believe in our lives, the Twelve Points of Doctrine in the Apostle’s Creed:
1. I believe in God, the Father almighty, creator of heaven and earth.
2. I believe in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord.
3. He was conceived by the power of the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary.
4. He suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died and was buried.
5. On the third day He rose again. He ascended into heaven, and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
6. He will come again to judge the living and the dead.
7. I believe in the Holy Spirit,
8. The holy catholic Church,
9. The communion of saints,
10. The forgiveness of sins,
11. The resurrection of the body,
12. And life everlasting.
Text gratefully found at
Via Rosa Rosaries, Devotional Chaplets, Rosary Beads, and Catholic Gifts
entitled A Christian meditation on the Twelve Days of Christmas
Copyright © 2005-2006