- "In the beginning was the Word..." a Christmas reflection by Msgr. John Esseff
- Kris McGregorIn the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things came to be through him, and without him nothing came to be. What came to be through him was life, and this life was th…Read More
- USCCA4 - Bring About the Obedience of Faith - U. S. Catholic Catechism for Adults w/ Arch. George Lucas
- Kris McGregorUSCCA4- Episode 4- Bring About the Obedience of Faith Archbishop Lucas offers insights on the US Catholic Catechism for Adults Chapter 4: God makes himself known to us through Revelation in order both to give us something and to draw a response…Read More
- RN-4 - Value # 4 – Truth, Freedom, Justice, and Love part 1 - Regnum Novum w/ Omar Gutierrez
- Kris McGregorFrom episode ... 4. Truth, Freedom, Justice, and Love part 1 "Truth and Freedom" These are the four values of the Social Teaching of the Catholic Church as they’re enumerated in the Compendium and as they were laid out by, again, Blessed Pope John…Read More
- Sobornost - Catherine Doherty "The falling in love with God"
- Kris McGregorCatherine Doherty addresses the Eastern Catholic Charismatic Renewal conference in 1979. Her subject is sobornost, a Russian term, translatable as "unity". "Faith is the father of love, faith is the father of hope also, and its in faith, and fait…Read More
- Faith Contemplates the Advent Mystery Because He Leads into Captivity All Powers by Dr. Anthony Lilles
- Kris McGregorAn excerpt: Blessed Elisabeth of the Trinity helps us open our hearts to the coming of Christ. On the twelfth day of her Last Retreat, she offers a reflection on "the Word became flesh and dwelt among us." Jesus has come to give us peace through…Read More
- Fourth Sunday of Advent - Sunday, Sunday, Sunday with Mark Hart
- Kris McGregorThe Sunday, Sunday, Sunday Podcast is a reflection on the upcoming Sunday Mass readings presented by LifeTeen.com and hosted by Mark Hart. Sunday Readings from the USCCB Reading 1 2 sm 7:1-5, 8b-12, 14a, 16 Responsorial Psalm ps 89:2-3, 4-5, 2…Read More
- AR-SP2- THE GIFT OF HOLINESS AT CHRISTMAS w/ Fr. Mauritius Wilde O.S.B., PhD.
- Kris McGregorThis reflection was given during a special advent evening of prayer and meditation service at St. Margaret Mary’s Church, in Omaha, NE on December 16. Fr.Mauritius was joined by Deacon James Keating PhD. This if the second of two talksRead More
- AR-SP1 - THE GIFT OF HOLINESS AT CHRISTMAS w/ Deacon James Keating Ph.D.
- Kris McGregorThis reflection was given during a special advent evening of prayer and meditation service at St. Margaret Mary's Church, in Omaha, NE on December 16. Deacon Keating was joined by Fr. Mauritius Wilde OSB. This if the first of two talks.Read More
- AR#15 - Advent Reflections with Deacon James Keating Ph.D.
- Kris McGregorFamily life can be very stressful. We all have expectations. We all have dreams for our families. But sometimes, our expectation and our dreams can be imposed and cause stress. Each member of our family is growing at the rate that God wants them…Read More
- O Emmanuel
- The Examen Prayer - A video and audio guided reflection for daily use
- Kris McGregorThe Examen can be done anytime of the day, but it is highly recommended for midday and the close of the evening. Transition: Become aware of the love with which God looks upon me as I begin this examen. Gratitude. Note the gifts that God’s lo…Read More
“Discerning Hearts is a trusted resource for Catholic spirituality and teaching. I support it as an apostolate for the new evangelization that brings the Good News to every corner of the world through the internet.”
Most Reverend George J. Lucas,
Archbishop of Omaha
Please consider donating in order keep this mission of evangelization afloat on the digital sea.
We are a non-profit 501(c)(3) TAX EXEMPT ministry
“Discerning Hearts offers orthodox resources for those who are serious about deepening their understanding of the spiritual life and the teachings of Holy Mother Church. I support this apostolate, which makes the treasury of Catholic wisdom and knowledge readily available.”
Most Reverend James Conley,
Bishop of Lincoln
Discerning Hearts is an outstanding resource for those searching for a deeper spirituality. It contains so many authors and speakers for enriching our spirituality. It’s a trusted resource and so quickly available. For those who live miles from their parish or a retreat center, this is the place to look! Join the many who are who are seeking the Face of God in a deeper way.
Most Reverend William J. Dendinger
Bishop of Grand Island
Please consider helping us. We are little boat on the big digital sea... We are non-profit 501(c)(3) TAX EXEMPT Public Charity Status 17 (b) (1) (A) (vi)
More from Discerning Hearts
Tags: 7 deadly sins, archbishop fulton sheen, baltimore catechism, catholic, Catholic Catechism, catholic podcast, catholic prayer, cathollc spirituality, examination of conscience, grace and mercy, OK, prayer, sacrament of reconciliation, ten commandments
This entry was posted on Wednesday, March 9th, 2011 at 12:55 am
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.