- BA6 - "Refuse to Accept Discouragement" - Begin Again: The Spiritual Legacy of Ven. Bruno Lanteri with Fr. Timothy Gallagher
- Kris McGregorEpisode 6 - Refuse to Accept Discouragement - Begin Again: The Spiritual Legacy of Ven. Bruno Lanteri with Fr. Timothy Gallagher In this episode, Fr. Timothy Gallagher discusses the importance of the virtues of prudence, humility and persevera…Read More
- When have you encountered your "Lazarus"? - a reflection with Msgr. John Esseff
- Kris McGregorMsgr. Esseff reflects on his experience with Bl. Mother Teresa of Calcutta and his experience of "the poorest of the poor". He asks us the question, "When have you encountered Lazarus?". Gospel Lk 16:19-31 Jesus said to the Pharisees: “Ther…Read More
- ROF#3 – Confession: the history of mercy - Roots of the Faith with Mike Aquilina
- POA5 - "Know your Commander and Comrades" - Put On The Armor - A Manual for Spiritual Warfare w/Dr. Paul Thigpen Ph.D.
- Kris McGregorEpisode 5 - "Know your Commander and Comrades" - Put on The Armor - A Manual for Spiritual Warfare with Dr. Paul Thigpen Ph.D Dr. Thigpen offers insights on the Manual for Spiritual Warfare Chapter 3: How can we possibly defeat “that ancient Se…Read More
- DC32 St. Gregory of Narek – The Doctors of the Church: The Charism of Wisdom w/ Dr. Matthew Bunson
- Kris McGregorDr. Matthew Bunson discusses the life, times and teachings of St. Gregory of Narek Born: 951 Rshtunik, Vaspurakan, Bagratid Armenia Died 1003 Narekavank, Vaspurakan, Armenia Feast 13 October (Holy Translators day); 27 February (Roman Catholi…Read More
- RN-11 – Value 5-5 – Solidarity – Regnum Novum w/ Omar Gutierrez
- Kris McGregorEpisode 11 – Regnum Novum: Bringing forth the New Evangelization through Catholic Social Teaching with Omar Guiterrez - Value 5 The Common Good, Universal Destination of Goods, Subsidiarity, Participation, Solidarity part 5 From episode 11…Read More
- CTD#2 – "The Desert of Ordinary Life" - Crossing the Desert: Lent and Conversion with Deacon James Keating
- Kris McGregorEpisode 2 -Crossing the Desert: Lent and Conversion – "The Desert of Ordinary Life". --The only location for God to interact with us is deep within the ordinariness of our days. We are called to cherish the ordinary day, not because of its routi…Read More
- USCCA11 - The Four Marks of the Church - U.S. Catholic Catechism for Adults w/ Archbishop George Lucas
- Kris McGregorEpisode 11- The Four Marks of the Church Archbishop Lucas offers insights on the US Catholic Catechism for Adults Chapter 11: "In the earliest professions of faith, the Catholic Church identified herself as "one, holy, catholic, and apostolic." …Read More
“Discerning Hearts is a trusted resource for Catholic spirituality and teaching. I support it as an apostolate for the new evangelization that brings the Good News to every corner of the world through the internet.”
Most Reverend George J. Lucas,
Archbishop of Omaha
Please consider donating in order keep this mission of evangelization afloat on the digital sea.
We are a non-profit 501(c)(3) TAX EXEMPT ministry
“Discerning Hearts offers orthodox resources for those who are serious about deepening their understanding of the spiritual life and the teachings of Holy Mother Church. I support this apostolate, which makes the treasury of Catholic wisdom and knowledge readily available.”
Most Reverend James Conley,
Bishop of Lincoln
Discerning Hearts is an outstanding resource for those searching for a deeper spirituality. It contains so many authors and speakers for enriching our spirituality. It’s a trusted resource and so quickly available. For those who live miles from their parish or a retreat center, this is the place to look! Join the many who are who are seeking the Face of God in a deeper way.
Most Reverend William J. Dendinger
Bishop of Grand Island
Please consider helping us. We are little boat on the big digital sea... We are non-profit 501(c)(3) TAX EXEMPT Public Charity Status 17 (b) (1) (A) (vi)
Join host Donna Garrett, with Fr. Daniel Brandenburg, LC, as they discuss the spiritual classic “Interior Freedom” by Fr. Jacques Philippe a priest of Communaute des Beatitudes, an international association of the faithful of Pontifical Right founded in France in 1973. The members of the Community, which has a contemplative vocation based on Carmelite spirituality, are actively engaged in the service of the poor and the proclamation of the Gospel.
Discussed in this episode, among other topics, from “Interior Freedom” page 12
“Human beings were not created for slavery but to be the lords of creation. This is explicitly stated in the Book of Genesis. We were not created to lead drab, narrow, or constricted lives, but to live in the wide-open spaces. We find confinement unbearable simply because we were created in the image of God, and we have within un an unquenchable need for the absolute and the infinitive. That is our greatness and sometimes our misfortune.
We have this great thirst for freedom because our most fundamental aspiration is for happiness; and we sense that there is no happiness without love, and no love without freedom. This is perfectly true. Human beings were created for love, and they can only find happiness in loving and being loved.”
- The Fourth Mansions Chapter 2 – The Interior Castle by St. Teresa of Avila audio mp3 edition –
- The Sixth Mansions chapter 2 – The Interior Castle by St. Teresa of Avila audio mp3 edition –
- The Sixth Mansions chapter 8 – The Interior Castle by St. Teresa of Avila audio mp3 edition –
- RN24 – Regnum Novum – “The Many Aspects of the Human Person” in the Compendium of Social Doctrine Chap 3 Section 3
- RN-4 Regnum Novum: Bringing forth the New Evangelization through Catholic Social Teaching with Omar Gutierrez Episode 4