- DC26 St. Bernard of Clairvaux – The Doctors of the Church: The Charism of Wisdom w/ Dr. Matthew Bunson
- Kris McGregorDr. Matthew Bunson discusses the life, times and teachings of St. Bernard of Clairvaux Born: 1090, Fontaine-lès-Dijon, France Died: August 20, 1153, Clairvaux Abbey, France Books: Two-Fold Knowledge For more on St. Bernard of Clairvaux and hi…Read More
- RC#6 – Crusades Abroad and at Home - The Resilient Church with Mike Aquilina
- 21st Sunday in Ordinary Time - Sunday, Sunday, Sunday with Mark Hart
- Kris McGregorThe Sunday, Sunday, Sunday Podcast is a reflection on the upcoming Sunday Mass readings presented by LifeTeen.com and hosted by Mark Hart. Sunday Readings Reading 1 IS 56:1, 6-7 Responsorial Psalm PS 67:2-3, 5, 6, 8 Reading 2 ROM 11:13-15,…Read More
- The Prayer of the Hebrew Scriptures - Prayer in the Catechism with Fr. Benedict Groeschel
- Kris McGregorThe Prayer of the Hebrew Scriptures - Prayer in the Catechism with Fr. Benedict Groeschel The Prayer of the Hebrew Scriptures - . Fr. Groeschel discusses the experience of Abraham, Moses, the Maccabees. He shares the beauty of the Psalms. He sp…Read More
- SBN #2 Salvation Begins Now: Last Things First with Deacon James Keating - Death and Purgatory
- Kris McGregorEpisode 2 Salvation Begins Now: Last Things First - What is Death? Why do we fail to contemplate it's truth...why do we fear it? What is Purgatory? Why is there a need for final purgation? From the Catechism of the Catholic Church: 1030 Al…Read More
- CA-3 Whether sacred doctrine (theology) is nobler than other sciences?-St. Thomas Aquinas - Christian Apologetics with Dr. R. R. Reno ep 2
- MC7 - Praying with Scripture: Christian Contemplation and Mediation in the Ignatian tradition w/Fr. Timothy Gallagher
- Kris McGregorFr. Gallagher continues to discuss the differences and benefits of meditation and contemplation - the cornerstones of Ignatius of Loyola’s spiritual practice.Read More
- STSG18 - The Lord's Prayer (PART 2) - Seeking Truth with Sharon Doran
- Kris McGregor“Our Father…” In this lecture Sharon takes us on a beautiful journey through the Lord’s prayer, which the Catechism of the Catholic Church describes as the summary of the whole Gospel. Sharon opens the mystery of each line, beginning with God a…Read More
- St. Augustine of Hippo Novena Day 4
- Kris McGregorDay 4 St. Augustine has written: "“You are surprised that the world is losing its grip, that the world is grown old? Think of a man: he is born, he grows up, he becomes old. Old age has its many complaints: coughing, shaking, failing eyesight, an…Read More
- Friday 20th Wk in Ordinary Time Yr II– Daily Reading and Reflection on the Gospel from the Mass
- Kris McGregoran excerpt from today's reflection by Don Schwager:bible-friday God is love and everything he does flows from his love for us (1 John 3:1, 4:7-8, 16). God puts us first in his thoughts and concerns - do we put him first in our thoughts? God loved…Read More
- Prayer to Immaculate Heart of Mary
- Kris McGregorO Most Blessed Mother, heart of love, heart of mercy, ever listening, caring, consoling, hear our prayer. As your children, we implore your intercession with Jesus your Son. Receive with understanding and compassion the petitions we place before you…Read More
“Discerning Hearts is a trusted resource for Catholic spirituality and teaching. I support it as an apostolate for the new evangelization that brings the Good News to every corner of the world through the internet.”
Most Reverend George J. Lucas,
Archbishop of Omaha
Please consider donating in order keep this mission of evangelization afloat on the digital sea.
We are a non-profit 501(c)(3) TAX EXEMPT ministry
“Discerning Hearts offers orthodox resources for those who are serious about deepening their understanding of the spiritual life and the teachings of Holy Mother Church. I support this apostolate, which makes the treasury of Catholic wisdom and knowledge readily available.”
Most Reverend James Conley,
Bishop of Lincoln
Discerning Hearts is an outstanding resource for those searching for a deeper spirituality. It contains so many authors and speakers for enriching our spirituality. It’s a trusted resource and so quickly available. For those who live miles from their parish or a retreat center, this is the place to look! Join the many who are who are seeking the Face of God in a deeper way.
Most Reverend William J. Dendinger
Bishop of Grand Island
Please consider helping us. We are little boat on the big digital sea... We are non-profit 501(c)(3) TAX EXEMPT Public Charity Status 17 (b) (1) (A) (vi)
Episode 13 -The Way of Mystery: The Eucharist and Moral Living– the spiritual life and moral living… understanding the journey through the Purgative and Illuminative Way and their role in the moral life.
Deacon James Keating, PhD, the director of Theological Formation for the Institute for Priestly Formation, located at Creighton University, in Omaha, is making available to ”Discerning Hearts” and all who listen, his series of programs entitled “The Way of Mystery”.
The Vatican II documents remind us that the spiritual journey is not made in a vacuum, that God has chosen to save us, not individually, but as The People of God. The Eucharist must help Christians to make their choices by discerning out of Christ’s paschal mystery. For this process to take place, however, Christians must first understand how the Eucharist puts them in touch with Christ’s passion, death, and resurrection, and what concrete implications being in touch with this mystery has for their daily lives.