- DC28 St. Hildegard pt 1 – The Doctors of the Church: The Charism of Wisdom w/ Dr. Matthew Bunson
- Kris McGregorAn excerpt from a teaching by Pope Benedict XVI on St. Hildegard: 1. A “light for her people and her time”: in these words Blessed John Paul II, my Venerable Predecessor, described Saint Hildegard of Bingen in 1979, on the occasion of the eight-hu…Read More
- SBN #3 Salvation Begins Now: Last Things First with Deacon James Keating - Purgatory part 2
- Kris McGregorEpisode 3 Salvation Begins Now: Last Things First - Deacon Keating continues reflecting on the reality of Purgatory. He discusses the teachings of the saints. What do our current sufferings on earth compare to purgatory? What does the sacrament o…Read More
- St. Padre Pio Novena Day 2
- DWG5 - “What am I to do?” The Discernment of God’s Will in Everyday Decisions w/Fr. Timothy Gallagher
- Kris McGregorThis episode offers a continuing look at the importance of the disposition of heart and the means which help us to be open to God's will. Then Fr. Gallagher begins the opening conversation on the vocation God may be calling us to.Read More
- CA-5 St. Thomas Aquinas - Is Sacred doctrine a matter that can be argued? - Christian Apologetics w/ Dr. R. R. Reno
- BKL74 - "The Cross is the Sign of Love" - Building a Kingdom of Love w/ Msgr. John Esseff
- Kris McGregorBKL 74 " Building a Kingdom of Love" – "The Cross is the Sign of Love" Reading 2PHIL 2:6-11 Brothers and sisters: Christ Jesus, though he was in the form of God, did not regard equality with God something to be grasped. Rather, he em…Read More
- STSG19 - The Parables of Jesus (PART 1) - Seeking Truth with Sharon Doran
- Kris McGregorhrough His parables, Jesus both conceals and reveals. As Sharon teaches us in this lecture, Jesus uses the parables to reveal the truths of the Kingdom. Yet, he conceals his true identity as Messiah so that his plan for salvation will not be t…Read More
- DWG2 - “What am I to do?” The Discernment of God’s Will in Everyday Decisions w/Fr. Timothy Gallagher
- Kris McGregorThis episode offers a instruction on how important it is to allow God to guide us not only in the big discernments of life, but also the decisions we make everyday.Read More
- St. Padre Pio Novena Day 2
- September - Our Lady of Sorrows
- The Way of Perfection by St. Teresa of Avila – Mp3 audio – Chapter 26
- Kris McGregorContinues the description of a method for recollecting the thoughts. Describes means of doing this. This chapter is very profitable for those who are beginning prayer.Read More
“Discerning Hearts is a trusted resource for Catholic spirituality and teaching. I support it as an apostolate for the new evangelization that brings the Good News to every corner of the world through the internet.”
Most Reverend George J. Lucas,
Archbishop of Omaha
Please consider donating in order keep this mission of evangelization afloat on the digital sea.
We are a non-profit 501(c)(3) TAX EXEMPT ministry
“Discerning Hearts offers orthodox resources for those who are serious about deepening their understanding of the spiritual life and the teachings of Holy Mother Church. I support this apostolate, which makes the treasury of Catholic wisdom and knowledge readily available.”
Most Reverend James Conley,
Bishop of Lincoln
Discerning Hearts is an outstanding resource for those searching for a deeper spirituality. It contains so many authors and speakers for enriching our spirituality. It’s a trusted resource and so quickly available. For those who live miles from their parish or a retreat center, this is the place to look! Join the many who are who are seeking the Face of God in a deeper way.
Most Reverend William J. Dendinger
Bishop of Grand Island
Please consider helping us. We are little boat on the big digital sea... We are non-profit 501(c)(3) TAX EXEMPT Public Charity Status 17 (b) (1) (A) (vi)
Episode 13 -The Way of Mystery: The Eucharist and Moral Living– the spiritual life and moral living… understanding the journey through the Purgative and Illuminative Way and their role in the moral life.
Deacon James Keating, PhD, the director of Theological Formation for the Institute for Priestly Formation, located at Creighton University, in Omaha, is making available to ”Discerning Hearts” and all who listen, his series of programs entitled “The Way of Mystery”.
The Vatican II documents remind us that the spiritual journey is not made in a vacuum, that God has chosen to save us, not individually, but as The People of God. The Eucharist must help Christians to make their choices by discerning out of Christ’s paschal mystery. For this process to take place, however, Christians must first understand how the Eucharist puts them in touch with Christ’s passion, death, and resurrection, and what concrete implications being in touch with this mystery has for their daily lives.