- IP#263 Trent Horn - Answering Atheism on Inside the Pages
- Kris McGregor"Answering Atheism: How to Make the Case for God with Logic and Charity" is a compassionately engaging and Trent-Hornintellectually-savvy response to the attacks on the existence of God. Trent Horn is a welcomed fresh voice in the forum of Catholic…Read More
- The Dilemma of the Workaholic - An Unexpected Take on a Parable w/Msgr. John Esseff
- Kris McGregorMsgr. Esseff speaks of our "5 Talents" and the dangers for the "workaholic". He offers Bl. Teresa of Calcutta and St. Pio as outstanding examples of the authentic Christian response to the Master's request.Read More
- DWG1 - “What am I to do?” The Discernment of God’s Will in Everyday Decisions w/Fr. Timothy Gallagher
- Kris McGregorThis episode offers an overall introduction of the series by offering examples, both big and small, and the overall tools that will be used to come to the discernment of God's will in various situations. In particular, what do we do when deciding be…Read More
- CA-3 St. Thomas Aquinas - The Nobility of Sacred Doctrine - Christian Apologetics w/ Dr. R. R. Reno ep 3
- Kris McGregorEpisode 3- Whether sacred doctrine (theology) is nobler than other sciences?Read More
- BKL72 - "Who do you say that I am?" - Building a Kingdom of Love w/ Msgr. John Esseff
- Kris McGregor"Who do you say that I am?" The Key to the New Evangelization and the importance of the Papacy Gospel MT 16:13-20 Jesus went into the region of Caesarea Philippi and he asked his disciples, “Who do people say that the Son of Man is?” The…Read More
- DC26 St. Bernard of Clairvaux – The Doctors of the Church: The Charism of Wisdom w/ Dr. Matthew Bunson
- Kris McGregorDr. Matthew Bunson discusses the life, times and teachings of St. Bernard of Clairvaux Born: 1090, Fontaine-lès-Dijon, France Died: August 20, 1153, Clairvaux Abbey, France Books: Two-Fold Knowledge For more on St. Bernard of Clairvaux and hi…Read More
- RC#6 – Crusades Abroad and at Home - The Resilient Church with Mike Aquilina
- 21st Sunday in Ordinary Time - Sunday, Sunday, Sunday with Mark Hart
- Kris McGregorThe Sunday, Sunday, Sunday Podcast is a reflection on the upcoming Sunday Mass readings presented by LifeTeen.com and hosted by Mark Hart. Sunday Readings Reading 1 IS 56:1, 6-7 Responsorial Psalm PS 67:2-3, 5, 6, 8 Reading 2 ROM 11:13-15,…Read More
- Novena to Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta Day 5
- Kris McGregorFifth Day – Our Lady Will Help You Thought for the day: “Confidence in God can do all things. It is our emptiness and lowliness that God needs and not our plenitude’” Ask for the grace to have an unshakeable trust in God’s power and love for…Read More
- September - Our Lady of Sorrows
- The Way of Perfection by St. Teresa of Avila – Mp3 audio – Chapter 26
- Kris McGregorContinues the description of a method for recollecting the thoughts. Describes means of doing this. This chapter is very profitable for those who are beginning prayer.Read More
“Discerning Hearts is a trusted resource for Catholic spirituality and teaching. I support it as an apostolate for the new evangelization that brings the Good News to every corner of the world through the internet.”
Most Reverend George J. Lucas,
Archbishop of Omaha
Please consider donating in order keep this mission of evangelization afloat on the digital sea.
We are a non-profit 501(c)(3) TAX EXEMPT ministry
“Discerning Hearts offers orthodox resources for those who are serious about deepening their understanding of the spiritual life and the teachings of Holy Mother Church. I support this apostolate, which makes the treasury of Catholic wisdom and knowledge readily available.”
Most Reverend James Conley,
Bishop of Lincoln
Discerning Hearts is an outstanding resource for those searching for a deeper spirituality. It contains so many authors and speakers for enriching our spirituality. It’s a trusted resource and so quickly available. For those who live miles from their parish or a retreat center, this is the place to look! Join the many who are who are seeking the Face of God in a deeper way.
Most Reverend William J. Dendinger
Bishop of Grand Island
Please consider helping us. We are little boat on the big digital sea... We are non-profit 501(c)(3) TAX EXEMPT Public Charity Status 17 (b) (1) (A) (vi)
Fr. Joe Kempf has given us two excellent resources for both adults and kids to help us deal with loss. Fr. Joe really understands the grieving process and offers excellent advice for those at any stage of that journey.
You can find this book here
Cardinal Timothy Dolan of New York says this about Fr. Kempf’s books: “Fr. Kempf, with grace and sensitivity, helps us learn what to say – and do – in moments when people long for a word of hope and consolation.”
You can find this book here
From the description:
When the heartaches come, these reflections, prayers, and activities will help every child find their way forward with God. In the back of the book, parents, grandparents, and teachers will find the coaching they need to love their children through the difficult times.
This wonderfully illustrated book meets the child (and the child in each of us) right where we are with just what we need. No one connects faith and real life like Fr. Joe and Big Al. Sometimes Life is Just Not Fair is the perfect book for when the difficult times come…and they visit us all.