- CA-2 What is the relationship between religion and science?-St. Thomas Aquinas - Christian Apologetics with Dr. R. R. Reno ep 2
- RC#5 – Light in the Dark Ages - The Resilient Church with Mike Aquilina
- 18th Sunday in Ordinary Time - Sunday, Sunday, Sunday with Mark Hart
- Kris McGregora reflection on the upcoming Sunday Mass readings presented by LifeTeen.com and hosted by Mark Hart. Reading 1 IS 55:1-3 Responsorial Psalm PS 145:8-9, 15-16, 17-18 Reading 2 ROM 8:35, 37-39 Gospel MT 14:13-21 When Jesus heard of…Read More
- WOM#18 - The Gift of Grace - The Way of Mystery w/ Deacon James Keating
- Divine Friendship - The Model of St. Martha with Msgr. John Esseff
- Kris McGregorSt. Martha is a particular favorite of Msgr. Esseff. He explores the profound experience of friendship that we can have with Jesus. He shares a poignant personal experience to highlight this point.Read More
- MC5 - Praying with Scripture: Christian Contemplation and Mediation in the Ignatian tradition w/Fr. Timothy Gallagher
- Kris McGregorFr. Gallagher continues to discuss the differences and benefits of meditation and contemplation - the cornerstones of Ignatius of Loyola’s spiritual practice.Read More
- IP#179 Vinny Flynn - 21 Ways to Worship on Inside the Pages
- Kris McGregorIt was a delight to once again have a conversation with Vinny Flynn, who has authored "21 Ways to Worship: A Guide to Eucharistic Adoration". Short and to the point, the meditations brought forward by Vinny are packed with aids to help us deepen…Read More
- Faith Check 26 - Sacramentals with Greg Youell
- Greg YouellIn the minds of non-Catholics, Catholicism often conjures images of Catholic stuff: candles, crucifixes, rosaries, statues, holy water, oils, and the like. These are called sacramentals—not to be confused with the seven sacraments, they are material…Read More
- The Second Way - The Nine Ways of Prayer of St. Dominic
- Kris McGregorThe Second Way of Prayer nine-ways-2St. Dominic used to pray by throwing himself outstretched upon the ground, lying on his face. He would feel great remorse in his heart and call to mind those words of the Gospel, saying sometimes in a voice loud…Read More
- Novena to St. Alphonsus Liguori Day 9
- Kris McGregorDay 9 St. Alphonsus you have said: “Think of what the Saints have done for their neighbor because they loved God. But what Saint's love for God can match Mary's? She loved Him more in the first moment of her existence than all the Saints and an…Read More
- The Way of Perfection by St. Teresa of Avila – Mp3 audio – Chapter 26
- Kris McGregorContinues the description of a method for recollecting the thoughts. Describes means of doing this. This chapter is very profitable for those who are beginning prayer.Read More
“Discerning Hearts is a trusted resource for Catholic spirituality and teaching. I support it as an apostolate for the new evangelization that brings the Good News to every corner of the world through the internet.”
Most Reverend George J. Lucas,
Archbishop of Omaha
Please consider donating in order keep this mission of evangelization afloat on the digital sea.
We are a non-profit 501(c)(3) TAX EXEMPT ministry
“Discerning Hearts offers orthodox resources for those who are serious about deepening their understanding of the spiritual life and the teachings of Holy Mother Church. I support this apostolate, which makes the treasury of Catholic wisdom and knowledge readily available.”
Most Reverend James Conley,
Bishop of Lincoln
Discerning Hearts is an outstanding resource for those searching for a deeper spirituality. It contains so many authors and speakers for enriching our spirituality. It’s a trusted resource and so quickly available. For those who live miles from their parish or a retreat center, this is the place to look! Join the many who are who are seeking the Face of God in a deeper way.
Most Reverend William J. Dendinger
Bishop of Grand Island
Please consider helping us. We are little boat on the big digital sea... We are non-profit 501(c)(3) TAX EXEMPT Public Charity Status 17 (b) (1) (A) (vi)
Fr. Mitch Pacwa, a leader on the front line of the New Evangelization, once again provides a tremendous resource to enter more deeply into this Year of Faith!
Steeped in the Divine Wisdom found in our Sacred Scriptures and enlightened by the teachings of the Church, and in particular the insights of Pope Benedict XVI, this is a book not to be missed. This is a great resource that can be used by individuals, as well as study groups. In this particular discussion, Fr. Pacwa also expands on the events of history that have brought us to this point in our culturally challenge era. He shares the importance of the examples found in the lives of the saints, and the call we all have to grow in holiness.
You can find it here
“Dioceses and parishes will benefit from an extremely helpful guide to celebrate this important year. I heartily recommend Father Pacwa’s insightful reflections.” —Bishop Robert J. Baker, S.T.D., Diocese of Birmingham in Alabama
Fr. Mitch Pacwa, S.J., Senior Fellow of the St. Paul Center for Biblical Theology, is a Jesuit priest and popular television host of several EWTN television and radio programs, including EWTN Life and The Holy Rosary in the Holy Land.