- WOM#17 - Mystical Experiences and Consoling Prayer - The Way of Mystery w/ Deacon James Keating
- Kris McGregorMystical experiences and consoling prayer. Prayer is earnestly desired, because it is something we delight in. Also the prayer that will spontaneously occur. Another type of experience is the aspect of the sacramental encounter.Read More
- St. Bridget of Sweden with Teresa Monaghen
- Kris McGregorOnce again, Teresa Monaghen brings a saint, who lived over 600 years ago, to vivid life and connects St.-Bridget-1them into our modern day circumstances. St. Bridget of Sweden was an ordinary woman who was open to receiving extraordinary grace becau…Read More
- Faith Check 27 - Development of the Living Church w/Greg Youell
- Greg YouellSo too the Church grows and develops as the living Body of Christ. Of course, the Church of over one billion people today is not a mirror image of the relatively tiny Church in the first century Mediterranean we read about in the New Testament—nor s…Read More
- MC4 - Praying with Scripture: Christian Contemplation and Mediation in the Ignatian tradition w/Fr. Timothhey Gallagher
- Kris McGregorFr. Gallagher continues to discuss the differences and benefits of meditation and contemplation - the cornerstones of Ignatius of Loyola’s spiritual practice.Read More
- St. Mary Magdalene – the Apostle to the Apostles with Amy Welborn
- Kris McGregorWho is she? Men and women throughout the centuries have tried to define her...all I know for sure is that she was freed and healed from 7 demons, stayed with Our Lady at the foot of the Cross, and was chosen by Christ to be the first witness to the…Read More
- BKL70 - "Let them grow together until harvest" - Building a Kingdom of Love w/ Msgr. John Esseff
- Kris McGregorBKL 70 1" Building a Kingdom of Love" – "Let them grow together until harvest"" Gospel MT 13:24-30 Jesus proposed another parable to the crowds, saying: “The kingdom of heaven may be likened to a man who sowed good seed in his field.…Read More
- 16th Sunday in Ordinary Time - Sunday, Sunday, Sunday with Mark Hart
- Kris McGregora reflection on the upcoming Sunday Mass readings presented by LifeTeen.com and hosted by Mark Hart. Sunday Readings from the USCCB Reading 1 IS 55:10-11 Responsorial Psalm PS 65:10, 11, 12-13, 14 Reading 2 ROM 8:18-23…Read More
- IP#147 Dr. Raymond Dennehy - Jacques Maritain's Christianity and Democracy and the Rights of Man and the Natural Law on Inside the Pages
- Kris McGregorDr. Raymond Dennehy was a delight to talk to about the work and influence of 20th century French philosopher Jacques Maritain. Ignatius Press has published in a special one volume set, Maritain's "Christianity and Democracy and the Rights of Man an…Read More
- Novena to St. Alphonsus Liguori Day 1
- Kris McGregorDay 1 St. Alphonsus you have said: "If we would completely rejoice the heart of God, let us strive in all things to conform ourselves to His divine will. Let us not only strive to conform ourselves, but also to unite ourselves to whatever dispo…Read More
- St. Ignatius of Loyola Novena Day 2
- Kris McGregorDay 2 From the writings of St. Ignatius of Loyola:St.-Ignatius-2 You are much deceived in thinking that the cause of your unrest and little progress in following the way of the Lord comes from the place where you live, or your superiors, or you…Read More
- 15 Prayers of St. Bridget MP3 audio and text (The Pieta Prayers}
- Kris McGregorFirst Prayer Our Father – Hail Mary. O Jesus Christ! Eternal Sweetness to those who love Thee, joy surpassing all joy and all desire, Salvation and Hope of all sinners, Who hast proved that Thou hast no greater desire than to be among men, even as…Read More
“Discerning Hearts is a trusted resource for Catholic spirituality and teaching. I support it as an apostolate for the new evangelization that brings the Good News to every corner of the world through the internet.”
Most Reverend George J. Lucas,
Archbishop of Omaha
Please consider donating in order keep this mission of evangelization afloat on the digital sea.
We are a non-profit 501(c)(3) TAX EXEMPT ministry
“Discerning Hearts offers orthodox resources for those who are serious about deepening their understanding of the spiritual life and the teachings of Holy Mother Church. I support this apostolate, which makes the treasury of Catholic wisdom and knowledge readily available.”
Most Reverend James Conley,
Bishop of Lincoln
Discerning Hearts is an outstanding resource for those searching for a deeper spirituality. It contains so many authors and speakers for enriching our spirituality. It’s a trusted resource and so quickly available. For those who live miles from their parish or a retreat center, this is the place to look! Join the many who are who are seeking the Face of God in a deeper way.
Most Reverend William J. Dendinger
Bishop of Grand Island
Please consider helping us. We are little boat on the big digital sea... We are non-profit 501(c)(3) TAX EXEMPT Public Charity Status 17 (b) (1) (A) (vi)
Fr. Mitch Pacwa, a leader on the front line of the New Evangelization, once again provides a tremendous resource to enter more deeply into this Year of Faith!
Steeped in the Divine Wisdom found in our Sacred Scriptures and enlightened by the teachings of the Church, and in particular the insights of Pope Benedict XVI, this is a book not to be missed. This is a great resource that can be used by individuals, as well as study groups. In this particular discussion, Fr. Pacwa also expands on the events of history that have brought us to this point in our culturally challenge era. He shares the importance of the examples found in the lives of the saints, and the call we all have to grow in holiness.
You can find it here
“Dioceses and parishes will benefit from an extremely helpful guide to celebrate this important year. I heartily recommend Father Pacwa’s insightful reflections.” —Bishop Robert J. Baker, S.T.D., Diocese of Birmingham in Alabama
Fr. Mitch Pacwa, S.J., Senior Fellow of the St. Paul Center for Biblical Theology, is a Jesuit priest and popular television host of several EWTN television and radio programs, including EWTN Life and The Holy Rosary in the Holy Land.