- IP#220 Mother Dolores Hart O.S.B. - The Ear of the Heart on Inside the Pages
- 1 day ago Kris McGregorThis is the best biography I have read in years! What a glorious testament to the fruitfulness of the Benedictine rule and how it transforms lives. Mother Dolores Hart brings to us a generous sharing of her life experience and the joy found in the…Read More
- IP#219 Fr. Kenneth Baker S.J. - The Will of God on Inside the Pages
- 1 day ago Kris McGregor"The Will of God: Finding and Fulfilling Your Purpose in Life" is a great book which uses the great Psalm 119 to help us in the area of discernment. Taking a lifetime of steeped in prayer and sound theology, Fr. Baker gives us a unique and penetrat…Read More
- Come, Holy Spirit
- BKL35 - The Great Gift of Penetcost with Msgr. John Esseff
- 7 days ago Kris McGregorMsgr. Esseff reflects on the readings for the great feast of Pentecost He discusses the birth of our true identity, and in particular, what it means to be Christ in the world today.Read More
- Holy Spirit, Make Your Home In Me - In Conversation with Fr. George Montague
- 7 days ago Kris McGregorFr. George Montague is an exceptional biblical scholar, as well as a humble pastor. His experience with the gifts given by the Holy Spirit are extraordinary and he shares those with us, but he also encourages us to seek the deepening of our own pray…Read More
- IP#131 Fr. Louis Cameli - The Devil You Do Not Know on Inside the Pages
- 9 days ago Kris McGregor"The Devil You Don't Know: Recognizing and Resisting Evil in Everyday Life" is not about some "sensationalistic" overview of the "creepy", instead it is a solid resource for those seeking to vanquish the ordinary means in which evil disrupts and dama…Read More
- IP#218 Dick Lyles - Answer Your Call on Inside the Pages
- 13 days ago Kris McGregorI cannot recommend a book more highly than this, "Answer Your Call: Reclaim God's Purpose For Faith, Family, and Work" is OUTSTANDING! The combined gifts of Dick and Martha Lyles have brought us must a gem which serves as a practical everyday guide…Read More
- IP#217 Pat Gohn - Blessed, Beautiful and Bodacious on Inside the Pages
- 13 days ago Kris McGregorWhat a sheer delight to talk with Pat Gohn about "Blessed, Beautiful, and Bodacious: Celebrating the Gift of Catholic Womanhood"! This book is a tour de force of insight on the unique gift of the authentic feminine nature. Pat has an engaging wri…Read More
“Discerning Hearts is a trusted resource for Catholic spirituality and teaching. I support it as an apostolate for the new evangelization that brings the Good News to every corner of the world through the internet.” Most Reverend George J. Lucas, Archbishop of Omaha
Please consider donating in order keep this mission of evangelization afloat on the digital sea. We are a non-profit 501(c)(3) TAX EXEMPT ministry
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
- Sunday, 26 May 2013 : Book of Proverbs 8:22-31."The LORD begot me, the first-born of his ways, the forerunner of his prodigies of long ago; From of old I was poured forth, at the first, before the earth. When there were no depths I was brought forth, when there were no fountains or springs of water; Before the mountains were settled into place, before the hills, I was brought forth; While as yet the […]
- Sunday, 26 May 2013 : Psalms 8:4-5.6-7.8-9.When I behold your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars which you set in place— What is man that you should be mindful of him, or the son of man that you should care for him? You have made him little less than the angels, and crowned him with glory and honor. You have given him rule over the works of your hands, putting all things under […]
- Friday, 24 May 2013 : Psalms 119(118):220.127.116.11.34.35.Blessed are you, O LORD; teach me your statutes. In your statutes I will delight; I will not forget your words. Open my eyes, that I may consider the wonders of your law. Make me understand the way of your precepts, And I will meditate on your wondrous deeds. Give me discernment, that I may observe your law And keep it with all my heart. Lead me in the path […]
- Sunday, 26 May 2013 : Letter to the Romans 5:1-5.Brothers and sisters: Since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access (by faith) to this grace in which we stand, and we boast in hope of the glory of God. Not only that, but we even boast of our afflictions, knowing that affliction produces endurance, and endurance, proven chara […]
Click on the image above to find books and videos we recommend to you
Please consider helping us. We are little boat on the big digital sea... We are non-profit 501(c)(3) TAX EXEMPT Public Charity Status 17 (b) (1) (A) (vi)
Msgr. Esseff shares his experience at a prayer service that took place at 12 Step retreat. He speaks of a woman named Helen who witnessed to a healing miracle that occurred 17 years earlier at Lourdes, but it turn of the story is more about a miracle that flowed more from love rather than need. From this Msgr. Esseff reflects on the Word of God found in the readings for the 2nd Sunday of Advent.
Msgr. John A. Esseff is a Roman Catholic priest in the Diocese of Scranton. He was ordained on May 30th 1953, by the late Bishop William J. Hafey, D.D. at St. Peter’s Cathedral in Scranton, PA. Msgr. Esseff served a retreat director and confessor to Blessed Mother Teresa. He continues to offer direction and retreats for the sisters of the missionaries of charity around the world. Msgr. Esseff encountered St. Padre Pio, who would become a spiritual father to him. He has lived in areas around the world, serving in the Pontifical missions, a Catholic organization established by Bl. Pope John Paul II to bring the Good News to the world especially to the poor. Msgr. Esseff assisted the founders of the Institute for Priestly Formation and continues to serve as a spiritual director for the Institute. He continues to serve as a retreat leader and director to bishops, priests and sisters and seminarians and other religious leaders around the world.
To obtain a copy of Msgr. Esseff’s book byvisiting here
Be sure to visit Msgr. Esseff’s website “Building a Kingdom of Love”
This entry was posted on Sunday, December 9th, 2012 at 9:32 am
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.