- POA5 - "Know your Commander and Comrades" - Put On The Armor - A Manual for Spiritual Warfare w/Dr. Paul Thigpen Ph.D.
- Kris McGregorEpisode 5 - "Know your Commander and Comrades" - Put on The Armor - A Manual for Spiritual Warfare with Dr. Paul Thigpen Ph.D Dr. Thigpen offers insights on the Manual for Spiritual Warfare Chapter 3: How can we possibly defeat “that ancient Se…Read More
- DC32 St. Gregory of Narek – The Doctors of the Church: The Charism of Wisdom w/ Dr. Matthew Bunson
- Kris McGregorDr. Matthew Bunson discusses the life, times and teachings of St. Gregory of Narek Born: 951 Rshtunik, Vaspurakan, Bagratid Armenia Died 1003 Narekavank, Vaspurakan, Armenia Feast 13 October (Holy Translators day); 27 February (Roman Catholi…Read More
- RN-11 – Value 5-5 – Solidarity – Regnum Novum w/ Omar Gutierrez
- Kris McGregorEpisode 11 – Regnum Novum: Bringing forth the New Evangelization through Catholic Social Teaching with Omar Guiterrez - Value 5 The Common Good, Universal Destination of Goods, Subsidiarity, Participation, Solidarity part 5 From episode 11…Read More
- CTD#2 – "The Desert of Ordinary Life" - Crossing the Desert: Lent and Conversion with Deacon James Keating
- Kris McGregorEpisode 2 -Crossing the Desert: Lent and Conversion – "The Desert of Ordinary Life". --The only location for God to interact with us is deep within the ordinariness of our days. We are called to cherish the ordinary day, not because of its routi…Read More
- USCCA11 - The Four Marks of the Church - U.S. Catholic Catechism for Adults w/ Archbishop George Lucas
- Kris McGregorEpisode 11- The Four Marks of the Church Archbishop Lucas offers insights on the US Catholic Catechism for Adults Chapter 11: "In the earliest professions of faith, the Catholic Church identified herself as "one, holy, catholic, and apostolic." …Read More
- BTP-LR5 The "Last Retreat" Day 5 - Beginning to Pray with Dr. Anthony Lilles
- Kris McGregorBeginning to Pray: "The Last Retreat - Day 5 " - “I saw a great multitude which no man could number. . . ” From "Last Retreat Day 5" found in The Complete Works vol 1: 12. “I saw a great multitude which no man could number. . . . These are they w…Read More
- St. Agnes of Bohemia, the princess saint...In Conversation with Sr. Joan Mueller
- Kris McGregorSt. Agnes of Bohemia is one of my favorite saints and it has a lot to do with Sr. Joan Mueller, the master storyteller. St. Agnes was the great admirer and then great friend of St. Clare. Her tale is as dramatic and compelling as any novel written.…Read More
- Almsgiving - A Key in the Spiritual Life with Msgr. John Esseff
- Kris McGregorMsgr. Esseff reflects on the necessity of almsgiving in the spiritual life. It is vital for spiritual growth and renewal. Gospel Lk 6:36-38 Jesus said to his disciples: “Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful. “Stop judging and you…Read More
“Discerning Hearts is a trusted resource for Catholic spirituality and teaching. I support it as an apostolate for the new evangelization that brings the Good News to every corner of the world through the internet.”
Most Reverend George J. Lucas,
Archbishop of Omaha
Please consider donating in order keep this mission of evangelization afloat on the digital sea.
We are a non-profit 501(c)(3) TAX EXEMPT ministry
“Discerning Hearts offers orthodox resources for those who are serious about deepening their understanding of the spiritual life and the teachings of Holy Mother Church. I support this apostolate, which makes the treasury of Catholic wisdom and knowledge readily available.”
Most Reverend James Conley,
Bishop of Lincoln
Discerning Hearts is an outstanding resource for those searching for a deeper spirituality. It contains so many authors and speakers for enriching our spirituality. It’s a trusted resource and so quickly available. For those who live miles from their parish or a retreat center, this is the place to look! Join the many who are who are seeking the Face of God in a deeper way.
Most Reverend William J. Dendinger
Bishop of Grand Island
Please consider helping us. We are little boat on the big digital sea... We are non-profit 501(c)(3) TAX EXEMPT Public Charity Status 17 (b) (1) (A) (vi)
Well, it would be difficult to write a book more poignant and compelling than this…obviously, it came straight from the heart. Amy Welborn uses her incredible gift with words to paint an unforgettable picture of how grief and regret can be transformed, by grace, into hope. It’s a journey on a winding, sometimes bumpy road. But what Amy has discovered through the help of her husband Mike, her kids, the land of Sicily, and ultimately, God, is that it is really true, there really is a light at the end of the tunnel. As she says, “tragedy and joy, loss and understanding death and life are constantly mixed together…and the beauty of the Catholic faith is that it is all there….we have the whole picture.” Its about faith, about hope, about love..and that is what is really eternal.
You can find the book here
“Amy Welborn’s latest book is a must-read spiritual treasure. It reveals not only the heart-wrenching dynamics of grief but also the odd and wonderful way grace illumines even the thickest darkness. Funny, engagingly written, spiritually profound, Wish You Were Here is a gem.” –Fr. Robert Barron, author of Catholicism.
Be sure to visit Amy’s blog’s Charlotte Was Both http://amywelborn.wordpress.com
and “Booked” the travel blog – http://booked.amywelborn.com
- IP#58 Amy Welborn – Light of the World on Inside the Pages
- IP#88 Amy Welborn – Flannery O’Connor, her life and work on Inside the Pages
- IP#73 Amy Bonaccorso – How to Get to “I Do” on Inside the Pages
- IP#116 Fr. James Martin S.J. – Between Heaven and Mirth on Inside the Pages
- IP#109 Fr. Robert Barron – Catholicism on Inside the Pages
This entry was posted on Friday, March 16th, 2012 at 12:49 pm
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.