- Sobornost - Catherine Doherty "The falling in love with God"
- Kris McGregorCatherine Doherty addresses the Eastern Catholic Charismatic Renewal conference in 1979. Her subject is sobornost, a Russian term, translatable as "unity". "Faith is the father of love, faith is the father of hope also, and its in faith, and fait…Read More
- Fourth Sunday of Advent - Sunday, Sunday, Sunday with Mark Hart
- Kris McGregorThe Sunday, Sunday, Sunday Podcast is a reflection on the upcoming Sunday Mass readings presented by LifeTeen.com and hosted by Mark Hart. Sunday Readings from the USCCB Reading 1 2 sm 7:1-5, 8b-12, 14a, 16 Responsorial Psalm ps 89:2-3, 4-5, 2…Read More
- Faith Contemplates the Advent Mystery Because He Leads into Captivity All Powers by Dr. Anthony Lilles
- Kris McGregorAn excerpt: Blessed Elisabeth of the Trinity helps us open our hearts to the coming of Christ. On the twelfth day of her Last Retreat, she offers a reflection on "the Word became flesh and dwelt among us." Jesus has come to give us peace through…Read More
- AR-SP2- THE GIFT OF HOLINESS AT CHRISTMAS w/ Fr. Mauritius Wilde O.S.B., PhD.
- Kris McGregorThis reflection was given during a special advent evening of prayer and meditation service at St. Margaret Mary’s Church, in Omaha, NE on December 16. Fr.Mauritius was joined by Deacon James Keating PhD. This if the second of two talksRead More
- AR-SP1 - THE GIFT OF HOLINESS AT CHRISTMAS w/ Deacon James Keating Ph.D.
- Kris McGregorThis reflection was given during a special advent evening of prayer and meditation service at St. Margaret Mary's Church, in Omaha, NE on December 16. Deacon Keating was joined by Fr. Mauritius Wilde OSB. This if the first of two talks.Read More
- RN-3 - Value # 3 – Look , Judge, Act - Regnum Novum w/ Omar Gutierrez
- Kris McGregor3. Look, Judge, Act Blessed Pope John XXIII gave us this practical suggestion in his letter Mater et magistra. The Social Doctrine provides us with principles for reflection, criteria for judgment, and directives for action. Social justice is sup…Read More
- USCCA3 - Proclaim the Gospel to Every Creature - U. S. Catholic Catechism for Adults w/ Arch. George Lucas
- Kris McGregorArchbishop Lucas offers insights on the US Catholic Catechism for Adults Chapter 3: Blessed John XXIII and the Second Vatican Council itself illustrate how the Church constantly draws upon Tradition and Sacred Scripture. This chapter examines…Read More
- ROF#1 - Witnesses to Tradition - Roots of the Faith with Mike Aquilina
- Kris McGregorWitnesses to Tradition. A grand overview of Church tradition as passed down to us by the Fathers of the Church...it's scope and relevance for our lives today!Read More
- O Rex Gentium (O King of all the nations)
- Kris McGregor“O King of all the nations, the only joy of every human heart; O Keystone of the mighty arch of man, come and save the creature you fashioned from the dust.” Isaiah had prophesied, “For a child is born to us, a son is given us; upon his shoulder…Read More
- The Examen Prayer - A video and audio guided reflection for daily use
- Kris McGregorThe Examen can be done anytime of the day, but it is highly recommended for midday and the close of the evening. Transition: Become aware of the love with which God looks upon me as I begin this examen. Gratitude. Note the gifts that God’s lo…Read More
- O Oriens (O Radiant Dawn)
“Discerning Hearts is a trusted resource for Catholic spirituality and teaching. I support it as an apostolate for the new evangelization that brings the Good News to every corner of the world through the internet.”
Most Reverend George J. Lucas,
Archbishop of Omaha
Please consider donating in order keep this mission of evangelization afloat on the digital sea.
We are a non-profit 501(c)(3) TAX EXEMPT ministry
“Discerning Hearts offers orthodox resources for those who are serious about deepening their understanding of the spiritual life and the teachings of Holy Mother Church. I support this apostolate, which makes the treasury of Catholic wisdom and knowledge readily available.”
Most Reverend James Conley,
Bishop of Lincoln
Discerning Hearts is an outstanding resource for those searching for a deeper spirituality. It contains so many authors and speakers for enriching our spirituality. It’s a trusted resource and so quickly available. For those who live miles from their parish or a retreat center, this is the place to look! Join the many who are who are seeking the Face of God in a deeper way.
Most Reverend William J. Dendinger
Bishop of Grand Island
Please consider helping us. We are little boat on the big digital sea... We are non-profit 501(c)(3) TAX EXEMPT Public Charity Status 17 (b) (1) (A) (vi)
Well, it would be difficult to write a book more poignant and compelling than this…obviously, it came straight from the heart. Amy Welborn uses her incredible gift with words to paint an unforgettable picture of how grief and regret can be transformed, by grace, into hope. It’s a journey on a winding, sometimes bumpy road. But what Amy has discovered through the help of her husband Mike, her kids, the land of Sicily, and ultimately, God, is that it is really true, there really is a light at the end of the tunnel. As she says, “tragedy and joy, loss and understanding death and life are constantly mixed together…and the beauty of the Catholic faith is that it is all there….we have the whole picture.” Its about faith, about hope, about love..and that is what is really eternal.
You can find the book here
“Amy Welborn’s latest book is a must-read spiritual treasure. It reveals not only the heart-wrenching dynamics of grief but also the odd and wonderful way grace illumines even the thickest darkness. Funny, engagingly written, spiritually profound, Wish You Were Here is a gem.” –Fr. Robert Barron, author of Catholicism.
Be sure to visit Amy’s blog’s Charlotte Was Both http://amywelborn.wordpress.com
and “Booked” the travel blog – http://booked.amywelborn.com
More from Discerning Hearts
This entry was posted on Friday, March 16th, 2012 at 12:49 pm
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.