- HR#24 “The Monk, the Missionary Spirit and Evangelization” – The Holy Rule of St. Benedict with Fr. Mauritius Wilde O.S.B
- 13 hours ago Kris McGregorFrom the Holy Rule of St. Benedict: St.-Benedict-d PROLOGUE Listen, O my son, to the precepts of thy master, and incline the ear of thy heart, and cheerfully receive and faithfully execute the admonitions of thy loving Father, that by the to…Read More
- USCCA38 - The 6th Commandment: Marital Fidelity part 2-The United States Catholic Catechism for Adults w/ Archbishop George Lucas - Chap. 30
- 13 hours ago Kris McGregorArchbishop Lucas offers insights on the US Catholic Catechism for Adults Chapter 30: THREATS TO MARRIAGE The Catechism lists the following behaviors as acts that undermine the purpose and dignity of marriage. Adultery is gravely sinful because…Read More
- FG#14 The Way of Trust and Love episode 3 – Fountains of Grace with Donna Garrett
- 14 hours ago Kris McGregorDiscussed in this episode, among other topics, from "The Way of Trust and Love" We began to look more deeply into humility in the previous chapter. I think a good definition of humility may be this: being in the right relation to ourselves, which…Read More
- Holy Thursday – Daily Reading and Reflection on the Gospel from the Mass
- 18 hours ago Kris McGregoran excerpt from today's reflection by Don Schwager: Does your love waver when you encounter bitter disappointments and injury from others? As Jesus' hour of humiliation draws near he reveals to his disciples the supreme humility which shaped the l…Read More
- SP#7 "The Heart to Heart Conversation with a Spiritual Companion" - The School of Prayer: Foundations for the New Evangelization with Fr. Scott Traynor
- 2 days ago Kris McGregorFr. Scott Traynor talks about the importance of "spiritual friendship or companionship". He discusses "heart-sharing" between spouses, but also in friendship with others. He give us models on how this can look. Fr. Scott also helps us to understan…Read More
- WOM#9 - The Offertory and the Priesthood in Liturgy of the Eucharist - The Way of Mystery w/ Deacon James Keating
- 2 days ago Kris McGregorThe Liturgy of the Eucharist part 1 : The offertory and the priesthood...what is the role of the priest in the sacrifice of the Mass and what are some of the challenges faced by the priest today.Read More
- IP#250 Dr. Christopher Kaczor - 7 Big Myths about Marriage on Inside the Pages
- 2 days ago Kris McGregorIn"The Seven Big Myths about Marriage: What Science, Faith and Philosophy Teach Us about Love and Happiness", Dr. Christopher Kaczor, Dr.-Christopher-Kaczoralong with his wife Jennifer, shines an important light of truth on one of the most important…Read More
- "Bernadette" and "The Passion of Bernadette"...In Conversation with Sydney Penny
- 2 days ago Kris McGregorThe best movie on the life of St. Bernadette is actually a pair of films starring Sydney Penny and distributed by Ignatius Press: "Bernadette" and "The Passion of Bernadette". Sydney does an extraordinary job capturing the feverent love, joy and enth…Read More
“Discerning Hearts is a trusted resource for Catholic spirituality and teaching. I support it as an apostolate for the new evangelization that brings the Good News to every corner of the world through the internet.”
Most Reverend George J. Lucas,
Archbishop of Omaha
Please consider donating in order keep this mission of evangelization afloat on the digital sea.
We are a non-profit 501(c)(3) TAX EXEMPT ministry
“Discerning Hearts offers orthodox resources for those who are serious about deepening their understanding of the spiritual life and the teachings of Holy Mother Church. I support this apostolate, which makes the treasury of Catholic wisdom and knowledge readily available.”
Most Reverend James Conley,
Bishop of Lincoln
Discerning Hearts is an outstanding resource for those searching for a deeper spirituality. It contains so many authors and speakers for enriching our spirituality. It’s a trusted resource and so quickly available. For those who live miles from their parish or a retreat center, this is the place to look! Join the many who are who are seeking the Face of God in a deeper way.
Most Reverend William J. Dendinger
Bishop of Grand Island
Please consider helping us. We are little boat on the big digital sea... We are non-profit 501(c)(3) TAX EXEMPT Public Charity Status 17 (b) (1) (A) (vi)
Episode 1 Praying with Scripture: Christian Contemplation and Mediation in the Ignatian tradition with Fr. Timothy Gallagher.
Fr. Gallagher introduces us to meditation and contemplation - the cornerstones of Ignatius of Loyola’s spiritual practice.
For other episodes in the series visit The Discerning Hearts “Praying with Scripture” page
Father Timothy M. Gallagher, O.M.V., was ordained in 1979 as a member of the Oblates of the Virgin Mary, a religious community dedicated to retreats and spiritual formation according to the Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius. Fr. Gallagher is featured on the EWTN series “Living the Discerning Life: The Spiritual Teachings of St. Ignatius of Loyola”.
For more information on how to obtain copies of Fr. Gallaghers’s various books and audio which are available for purchase, please visit his website: frtimothygallagher.org
This entry was posted on Thursday, March 15th, 2012 at 8:56 am
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.