“Discerning Hearts is a trusted resource for Catholic spirituality and teaching. I support it as an apostolate for the new evangelization that brings the Good News to every corner of the world through the internet.” Most Reverend George J. Lucas, Archbishop of Omaha
Please consider donating in order keep this mission of evangelization afloat on the digital sea. We are a non-profit 501(c)(3) TAX EXEMPT ministry
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
- Wednesday, 19 June 2013 :[…]
- Tuesday, 18 June 2013 :[…]
- Thursday, 20 June 2013 : Psalms 111(110):1-2.3-4.7-8.I will give thanks to the LORD with all my heart in the company and assembly of the just. Great are the works of the LORD, Exquisite in all their delights. Majesty and glory are his work, And his justice endures forever. He has won renown for his wondrous deeds; Gracious and merciful is the LORD. The works of his hands are faithful and just; Sure are all his […]
- Tuesday, 18 June 2013 : Second Letter to the Corinthians 8:1-9.We want you to know, brothers, of the grace of God that has been given to the churches of Macedonia, for in a severe test of affliction, the abundance of their joy and their profound poverty overflowed in a wealth of generosity on their part. For according to their means, I can testify, and beyond their means, spontaneously, they begged us insistently for th […]
Click on the image above to find books and videos we recommend to you
Please consider helping us. We are little boat on the big digital sea... We are non-profit 501(c)(3) TAX EXEMPT Public Charity Status 17 (b) (1) (A) (vi)
The Fifth Mansions Chapter 1:Download (right click & choose “Save Link As”)
For the pdf containing the complete text and footnotes click here
1. Graces of the fifth mansions. 2. Contemplation to be striven for. 3. Physical effects of the Prayer of union. 4. Amazement of the intellect. 5. The Prayer of union and of quiet contrasted. 6. Divine and earthly union. 7. Competent directors in these matters. 8. Proof of union. 9. Assurance left in the soul. 10. Divine union beyond our Power to obtain.
Translated from the Autograph of St. Teresa of Jesus by
The Benedictines of Stanbrook
Thomas Baker, London 
Dom Michael Barrett, O.S.B.Censor Deputatuus
Nihil Obstat:✠ Edward Apostolic Administrator Birmingham, Oscott.
February 24, 1921
This entry was posted on Sunday, October 23rd, 2011 at 2:03 pm
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.