- BTP-LR2 The "Last Retreat" Day 2 - Beginning to Pray with Dr. Anthony Lilles
- Kris McGregorFrom "Last Retreat Day 2" found in The Complete Works vol 1: 5. It is the same for the soul that has entered into the “fortress of holy recollection”: the eye of its soul, opened in the light of faith, discovers its God present, living within it;…Read More
- St. Thomas Aquinas, "the poet laureate of heaven" with Mike Aquilina
- Kris McGregorSt. Thomas Aquinas, the Italian saint was a priest and is widely recognized as being one of the most influential figures in the study of theology. Here we have more on St. Thomas Aquinas from Mike Aquilina who he refers to as the "poet laureate of he…Read More
- BA3 - The Crucible of Suffering and the Gift of Faith - Begin Again: The Spiritual Legacy of Ven. Bruno Lanteri with Fr. Timothy Gallagher
- Kris McGregorIn this episode, Fr. Timothy Gallagher discusses the crucible of suffering that occurred in the young Bruno Lanteri's life. The tragedies became the stepping stones for newness in the spiritual journey. So are the opportunities that may arise in our…Read More
- RN-7– Value 5-1 – The Common Good – Regnum Novum w/ Omar Gutierrez
- Kris McGregorEpisode 7 – Regnum Novum: Bringing forth the New Evangelization through Catholic Social Teaching with Omar Guiterrez - Value 5 The Common Good, Universal Destination of Goods, Subsidiarity, Participation, Solidarity part 1 From episode…Read More
- POA3 - "Temptation" - Put On The Armor - A Manual for Spiritual Warfare w/Dr. Paul Thigpen Ph.D.
- Kris McGregorDr. Thigpen offers insights on the Manual for Spiritual Warfare Chapter 2: he ordinary activity of demons is subtle and occurs within our thought life. They plant ideas within our minds seeking to influence our reason, memory, and imagination — an…Read More
- USCCA8 - The Saving Death and Resurrection of Christ - U.S. Catholic Catechism for Adults w/ Archbishop George Lucas
- Kris McGregorEpisode 8- The Saving Death and Resurrection of Christ Archbishop Lucas offers insights on the US Catholic Catechism for Adults Chapter 8: Because Christ's suffering and death was the instruments of salvation, from what did he save us? We ne…Read More
- BA2 - The Value of Spiritual Reading - Begin Again: The Spiritual Legacy of Ven. Bruno Lanteri with Fr. Timothy Gallagher
- Kris McGregorIn this episode, Fr. Timothy Gallagher discusses the influence of Fr. Nikolaus Joseph Albert von Diesbach on the young Bruno Lanteri. An encounter with a good spiritual book facilitates the conversion of Fr. Diesbach at a critical time in his life.…Read More
- RN-6 – Value # 4 – Truth, Freedom, Justice, and Love part 3 – Regnum Novum w/ Omar Gutierrez
- Kris McGregorThese are the four values of the Social Teaching of the Catholic Church as they’re enumerated in the Compendium and as they were laid out by, again, Blessed Pope John XXIII in Mater et magistra and Pacem in terris. Without these values, the work of s…Read More
“Discerning Hearts is a trusted resource for Catholic spirituality and teaching. I support it as an apostolate for the new evangelization that brings the Good News to every corner of the world through the internet.”
Most Reverend George J. Lucas,
Archbishop of Omaha
Please consider donating in order keep this mission of evangelization afloat on the digital sea.
We are a non-profit 501(c)(3) TAX EXEMPT ministry
“Discerning Hearts offers orthodox resources for those who are serious about deepening their understanding of the spiritual life and the teachings of Holy Mother Church. I support this apostolate, which makes the treasury of Catholic wisdom and knowledge readily available.”
Most Reverend James Conley,
Bishop of Lincoln
Discerning Hearts is an outstanding resource for those searching for a deeper spirituality. It contains so many authors and speakers for enriching our spirituality. It’s a trusted resource and so quickly available. For those who live miles from their parish or a retreat center, this is the place to look! Join the many who are who are seeking the Face of God in a deeper way.
Most Reverend William J. Dendinger
Bishop of Grand Island
Please consider helping us. We are little boat on the big digital sea... We are non-profit 501(c)(3) TAX EXEMPT Public Charity Status 17 (b) (1) (A) (vi)
Catholics believe that the bread and wine are more than just symbolic reminders. By the power of God working through the priest they are transformed into Christ’s Body and Blood.
Our Lord taught, “Unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood you do not have life within you.”1 The Jews scoffed at this and asked, “How can He give us his flesh to eat.” Even His disciples said this was a hard saying and many stopped following Him.
Now when genuine misunderstandings occurred, Jesus corrected His listeners. But Jesus meant what He said, and did not back down: “[M]y flesh is food indeed and my blood is drink indeed … He who eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.”
For 2,000 years the Eucharist has been the heart of the Catholic Faith. In fact, the early Christians said, “without the Eucharist we cannot live,” preferring to risk their lives rather than miss Mass. Today He invites each one of us to receive His very flesh and blood.
1- All citations from John 6:50 – 58
- BKL#13 – Building a Kingdom of Love w/ Msgr. John Esseff – Those who suffer addictions and the Bread of Life
- BKL36 – Corpus Christi with Msgr. John Esseff
- Faith Check 21 – Non-Negotiable Political Issues for Catholics
- Faith Check 4 – Mary Our Mother
- BTP#10 Beginning to Pray w/ Dr. Anthony Lilles: Heaven In Faith Day 5 Prayer 2 by Bl. Elizabeth of the Trinity