- Come, Holy Spirit
- BKL35 - The Great Gift of Penetcost with Msgr. John Esseff
- 4 days ago Kris McGregorMsgr. Esseff reflects on the readings for the great feast of Pentecost He discusses the birth of our true identity, and in particular, what it means to be Christ in the world today.Read More
- Holy Spirit, Make Your Home In Me - In Conversation with Fr. George Montague
- 4 days ago Kris McGregorFr. George Montague is an exceptional biblical scholar, as well as a humble pastor. His experience with the gifts given by the Holy Spirit are extraordinary and he shares those with us, but he also encourages us to seek the deepening of our own pray…Read More
- IP#131 Fr. Louis Cameli - The Devil You Do Not Know on Inside the Pages
- 6 days ago Kris McGregor"The Devil You Don't Know: Recognizing and Resisting Evil in Everyday Life" is not about some "sensationalistic" overview of the "creepy", instead it is a solid resource for those seeking to vanquish the ordinary means in which evil disrupts and dama…Read More
- IP#218 Dick Lyles - Answer Your Call on Inside the Pages
- 9 days ago Kris McGregorI cannot recommend a book more highly than this, "Answer Your Call: Reclaim God's Purpose For Faith, Family, and Work" is OUTSTANDING! The combined gifts of Dick and Martha Lyles have brought us must a gem which serves as a practical everyday guide…Read More
- IP#217 Pat Gohn - Blessed, Beautiful and Bodacious on Inside the Pages
- 10 days ago Kris McGregorWhat a sheer delight to talk with Pat Gohn about "Blessed, Beautiful, and Bodacious: Celebrating the Gift of Catholic Womanhood"! This book is a tour de force of insight on the unique gift of the authentic feminine nature. Pat has an engaging wri…Read More
- IP#216 Russell Shaw - American Church on Inside the Pages
- 10 days ago Kris McGregor"Americanization " a very important concept to comprehend when trying to understand the state of the Roman Catholic Church in America. In "American Church: The Remarkable Rise, Meteoric Fall, and Uncertain Future of Catholicism in America" offers th…Read More
- The Interior Castle by St. Teresa of Avila audio mp3 edition – The Seventh Mansions chapter 4
- 13 days ago Kris McGregor1. Vicissitudes of the Seventh Mansion. 2. Humility produced by them. 3. Such souls free from mortal and from wilful venial sins. 4. The fate of Solomon. 5. Holy fear. 6. These favours strengthen souls to suffer. 7. Crosses borne by the saints. 8. Ef…Read More
“Discerning Hearts is a trusted resource for Catholic spirituality and teaching. I support it as an apostolate for the new evangelization that brings the Good News to every corner of the world through the internet.” Most Reverend George J. Lucas, Archbishop of Omaha
Please consider donating in order keep this mission of evangelization afloat on the digital sea. We are a non-profit 501(c)(3) TAX EXEMPT ministry
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
- Thursday, 23 May 2013 : Book of Sirach 5:1-10.Rely not on your wealth; say not: «I have the power.» Rely not on your strength in following the desires of your heart. Say not: "Who can prevail against me?" for the LORD will exact the punishment. Say not: "I have sinned, yet what has befallen me?" for the LORD bides his time. Of forgiveness be not overconfident, adding sin upon sin. Sa […]
- Thursday, 23 May 2013 : Psalms 1:1-22.214.171.124.Blessed the man who follows not The counsel of the wicked Nor walks in the way of sinners, Nor sits in the company of the insolent, But delights in the law of the LORD And meditates on his law day and night. He is like a tree Planted near running water, That yields its fruit in due season, And whose leaves never fade. Whatever he does, prospers. Not so, the […]
- Tuesday, 21 May 2013 : Psalms 37(36):3-4.18-19.27-28.39-40.Trust in the LORD and do good, that you may dwell in the land and be fed in security. Take delight in the LORD, and he will grant you your heart's requests. The LORD watches over the lives of the wholehearted; their inheritance lasts forever. They will not be disgraced when times are hard; in days of famine they will have plenty. Turn from evil and do g […]
- Thursday, 23 May 2013 :[…]
Click on the image above to find books and videos we recommend to you
Please consider helping us. We are little boat on the big digital sea... We are non-profit 501(c)(3) TAX EXEMPT Public Charity Status 17 (b) (1) (A) (vi)
Episode 10- Regnum Novum: Bringing forth the New Evangelization through Catholic Social Teaching with Omar Guiterrez- Value 5 The Common Good, Universal Destination of Goods, Subsidiarity, Participation, Solidarity part 4
In this episode we focus on ”Participation”.
These are the five principles laid out in the Compendium of the Social Doctrine of the Church. If we understand these principles, then the work of the Revolution can begin. We are made now for a New Kingdom with Christ as our King in all things. Let us discover this place together, and make the devil cringe and know the suffering of defeat. “Love”
Discerning Hearts is blessed to present Omar F. A. Guiterrez, M.A. , Special Assistant to Archbishop George Lucas of the Archdiocese of Omaha, in a groundbreaking series which breaks open the heart of Catholic Social Doctrine.
We encourage you to visit “Regnum Novum – A New Kingdom: A Revolution” Omar Guiterrez’s blog site
We live at a very special time. The confluence of many things has brought forth the clear need to be able to articulate the Social Teaching of the Catholic Church in a way that is accessible and applicable. This is not to be an effort where high-minded theories are to be bandied about. Rather, this is a time of opportunity wherein we can apply the Social Doctrine to the concrete so as to bring about a New Kingdom, a Revolution. – Omar G. from Regnum Novum
From episode 10… Point 5: The Common Good, Universal Destination of Goods, Subsidiarity, Participation, Solidarity
These are the five principles laid out in the Compendium of the Social Doctrine of the Church. If we understand these principles, then the work of the Revolution can begin. We are made now for a New Kingdom with Christ as our King in all things. Let us discover this place together, and make the devil cringe and know the suffering of defeat.
In this episode we focus on “Participation”.
Also visit Omar’s “Discerning Hearts” page Catholic Social Teaching 101
This entry was posted on Monday, October 3rd, 2011 at 10:49 am
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.