- Fourth Sunday of Advent - Sunday, Sunday, Sunday with Mark Hart
- Kris McGregorThe Sunday, Sunday, Sunday Podcast is a reflection on the upcoming Sunday Mass readings presented by LifeTeen.com and hosted by Mark Hart. Sunday Readings from the USCCB Reading 1 2 sm 7:1-5, 8b-12, 14a, 16 Responsorial Psalm ps 89:2-3, 4-5, 2…Read More
- Faith Contemplates the Advent Mystery Because He Leads into Captivity All Powers by Dr. Anthony Lilles
- Kris McGregorAn excerpt: Blessed Elisabeth of the Trinity helps us open our hearts to the coming of Christ. On the twelfth day of her Last Retreat, she offers a reflection on "the Word became flesh and dwelt among us." Jesus has come to give us peace through…Read More
- AR-SP2- THE GIFT OF HOLINESS AT CHRISTMAS w/ Fr. Mauritius Wilde O.S.B., PhD.
- Kris McGregorThis reflection was given during a special advent evening of prayer and meditation service at St. Margaret Mary’s Church, in Omaha, NE on December 16. Fr.Mauritius was joined by Deacon James Keating PhD. This if the second of two talksRead More
- AR-SP1 - THE GIFT OF HOLINESS AT CHRISTMAS w/ Deacon James Keating Ph.D.
- Kris McGregorThis reflection was given during a special advent evening of prayer and meditation service at St. Margaret Mary's Church, in Omaha, NE on December 16. Deacon Keating was joined by Fr. Mauritius Wilde OSB. This if the first of two talks.Read More
- RN-3 - Value # 3 – Look , Judge, Act - Regnum Novum w/ Omar Gutierrez
- Kris McGregor3. Look, Judge, Act Blessed Pope John XXIII gave us this practical suggestion in his letter Mater et magistra. The Social Doctrine provides us with principles for reflection, criteria for judgment, and directives for action. Social justice is sup…Read More
- USCCA3 - Proclaim the Gospel to Every Creature - U. S. Catholic Catechism for Adults w/ Arch. George Lucas
- Kris McGregorArchbishop Lucas offers insights on the US Catholic Catechism for Adults Chapter 3: Blessed John XXIII and the Second Vatican Council itself illustrate how the Church constantly draws upon Tradition and Sacred Scripture. This chapter examines…Read More
- ROF#1 - Witnesses to Tradition - Roots of the Faith with Mike Aquilina
- Kris McGregorWitnesses to Tradition. A grand overview of Church tradition as passed down to us by the Fathers of the Church...it's scope and relevance for our lives today!Read More
- SOP6 – The School of Prayer: Reflections on the teachings of Pope Benedict XVI w/ Deacon James Keating
- Kris McGregorWhat is the authentic understanding of "conversion" in the context of prayer. Deacon Keating discusses the reflection offered by the Holy Father of the encounter of Elijah with prophets of Baal.Read More
- AR#6 - Advent Reflections with Deacon James Keating Ph.D.
- Kris McGregorOne of our greatest sufferings as Christians, is our own impatience with ourselves. We want to be good and holy immediately. St. Francis de Sales said “Have patience with all things. But chiefly, have patience with yourself. Do not lose courage, in c…Read More
- O Clavis David:“O Key of David”
- O Radix Jesse (O Flower of Jesse’s stem)
- Kris McGregor“O Flower of Jesse’s stem, you have been raised up as a sign for all peoples; kings stand silent in your presence; the nations bow down in worship before you. Come, let nothing keep you from coming to our aid.” Isaiah had prophesied, “But a sh…Read More
“Discerning Hearts is a trusted resource for Catholic spirituality and teaching. I support it as an apostolate for the new evangelization that brings the Good News to every corner of the world through the internet.”
Most Reverend George J. Lucas,
Archbishop of Omaha
Please consider donating in order keep this mission of evangelization afloat on the digital sea.
We are a non-profit 501(c)(3) TAX EXEMPT ministry
“Discerning Hearts offers orthodox resources for those who are serious about deepening their understanding of the spiritual life and the teachings of Holy Mother Church. I support this apostolate, which makes the treasury of Catholic wisdom and knowledge readily available.”
Most Reverend James Conley,
Bishop of Lincoln
Discerning Hearts is an outstanding resource for those searching for a deeper spirituality. It contains so many authors and speakers for enriching our spirituality. It’s a trusted resource and so quickly available. For those who live miles from their parish or a retreat center, this is the place to look! Join the many who are who are seeking the Face of God in a deeper way.
Most Reverend William J. Dendinger
Bishop of Grand Island
Please consider helping us. We are little boat on the big digital sea... We are non-profit 501(c)(3) TAX EXEMPT Public Charity Status 17 (b) (1) (A) (vi)
In time of desolation never to make a change; but to be firm and constant in the resolutions and determination in which one was the day preceding such desolation, or in the determination in which he was in the preceding consolation. Because, as in consolation it is rather the good spirit who guides and counsels us, so in desolation it is the bad, with whose counsels we cannot take a course to decide rightly..
The 14 Rules for Discerning Spirits –
“The Different Movements Which Are Caused In The Soul”
as outlined by St. Ignatius of Loyola can be found here
Father Timothy M. Gallagher, O.M.V., was ordained in 1979 as a member of the Oblates of the Virgin Mary, a religious community dedicated to retreats and spiritual formation according to the Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius. Fr. Gallagher is featured on the EWTN series “Living the Discerning Life: The Spiritual Teachings of St. Ignatius of Loyola”.
For more information on how to obtain copies of Fr. Gallaghers’s various books and audio which are available for purchase, please visit his website: www.frtimothygallagher.org