- IP#220 Mother Dolores Hart O.S.B. - The Ear of the Heart on Inside the Pages
- 14 hours ago Kris McGregorThis is the best biography I have read in years! What a glorious testament to the fruitfulness of the Benedictine rule and how it transforms lives. Mother Dolores Hart brings to us a generous sharing of her life experience and the joy found in the…Read More
- IP#219 Fr. Kenneth Baker S.J. - The Will of God on Inside the Pages
- 14 hours ago Kris McGregor"The Will of God: Finding and Fulfilling Your Purpose in Life" is a great book which uses the great Psalm 119 to help us in the area of discernment. Taking a lifetime of steeped in prayer and sound theology, Fr. Baker gives us a unique and penetrat…Read More
- Come, Holy Spirit
- BKL35 - The Great Gift of Penetcost with Msgr. John Esseff
- 6 days ago Kris McGregorMsgr. Esseff reflects on the readings for the great feast of Pentecost He discusses the birth of our true identity, and in particular, what it means to be Christ in the world today.Read More
- Holy Spirit, Make Your Home In Me - In Conversation with Fr. George Montague
- 6 days ago Kris McGregorFr. George Montague is an exceptional biblical scholar, as well as a humble pastor. His experience with the gifts given by the Holy Spirit are extraordinary and he shares those with us, but he also encourages us to seek the deepening of our own pray…Read More
- IP#131 Fr. Louis Cameli - The Devil You Do Not Know on Inside the Pages
- 8 days ago Kris McGregor"The Devil You Don't Know: Recognizing and Resisting Evil in Everyday Life" is not about some "sensationalistic" overview of the "creepy", instead it is a solid resource for those seeking to vanquish the ordinary means in which evil disrupts and dama…Read More
- IP#218 Dick Lyles - Answer Your Call on Inside the Pages
- 12 days ago Kris McGregorI cannot recommend a book more highly than this, "Answer Your Call: Reclaim God's Purpose For Faith, Family, and Work" is OUTSTANDING! The combined gifts of Dick and Martha Lyles have brought us must a gem which serves as a practical everyday guide…Read More
- IP#217 Pat Gohn - Blessed, Beautiful and Bodacious on Inside the Pages
- 12 days ago Kris McGregorWhat a sheer delight to talk with Pat Gohn about "Blessed, Beautiful, and Bodacious: Celebrating the Gift of Catholic Womanhood"! This book is a tour de force of insight on the unique gift of the authentic feminine nature. Pat has an engaging wri…Read More
“Discerning Hearts is a trusted resource for Catholic spirituality and teaching. I support it as an apostolate for the new evangelization that brings the Good News to every corner of the world through the internet.” Most Reverend George J. Lucas, Archbishop of Omaha
Please consider donating in order keep this mission of evangelization afloat on the digital sea. We are a non-profit 501(c)(3) TAX EXEMPT ministry
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
- Saturday, 25 May 2013 : Book of Sirach 17:1-13.God from the earth created man, and in his own image he made him. He makes man return to earth again, and endows him with a strength of his own. Limited days of life he gives him and makes him return to earth again. He endows man with a strength of his own, and with power over all things else on earth. He puts the fear of him in all flesh, and gives him rule […]
- Saturday, 25 May 2013 : Psalms 103(102):13-14.15-16.17-18a.As a father has compassion on his children, so the LORD has compassion on the faithful. For he knows how we are formed, remembers that we are dust. Man's days are like those of grass; like a flower of the field he blooms; The wind sweeps over him and he is gone, and his place knows him no more. But the kindness of the LORD is from eternity to eternity t […]
- Thursday, 23 May 2013 : Psalms 1:1-22.214.171.124.Blessed the man who follows not The counsel of the wicked Nor walks in the way of sinners, Nor sits in the company of the insolent, But delights in the law of the LORD And meditates on his law day and night. He is like a tree Planted near running water, That yields its fruit in due season, And whose leaves never fade. Whatever he does, prospers. Not so, the […]
- Saturday, 25 May 2013 :[…]
Click on the image above to find books and videos we recommend to you
Please consider helping us. We are little boat on the big digital sea... We are non-profit 501(c)(3) TAX EXEMPT Public Charity Status 17 (b) (1) (A) (vi)
“The Feast of the Holy Innocents reminds us that shortly after the coming of Hope into the world, in the form of God as a new-born child, the fallen World has its own sickening and brutal response.
Some of the tragic news we hear each day echoes the inhuman tragedy of the massacre of the innocents. We witness the same kind of brutality that Herod unleashed on the innocent children of Judea every day in a myriad of unspeakable actions: murder, abortion, war, exploitation, slavery and countless other types of violence and oppression, much of which is against innocent children.
Herod’s actions are not only echoed in the extreme examples of evil cited above. In the actions of secularists, materialists and atheists, who seek to emulate Herod in their attempts to eradicate God from the world in favour of their own interests and agendas, we see various social effects manifesting that, in one way or another, enable a whole plethora of great and small evils to stir in men’s hearts.”- Traditio et Virtus
We remember today, O God, the slaughter of the holy innocents Of Bethlehem by King Herod. Receive, we pray, into the arms of your mercy all innocent victims; and by your great might frustrate the designs of evil tyrants and establish your rule of justice, love, and peace; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever.
This entry was posted on Wednesday, December 28th, 2011 at 2:19 am
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.