- WOL4 - David Hume, The Scottish Enlightenment and the Culture of Death - Reflections on the teachings of Pope John Paul II w/ Dr. Carson Holloway
- 8 hours ago Kris McGregorWOL4 - Episode 4 - The Scottish Enlightenment...what was it and why was it such an important movement to understand. The influence of David Hume - Scottish philosopher, historian, economist, and essayist. The flaw in Hume's philosophy - that self…Read More
- BKL#62 - "Happy Easter!!!! Have You Encountered Jesus?" - Building a Kingdom of Love w/ Msgr. John Esseff
- 9 hours ago Kris McGregorHappy Easter!!!! Have You Encountered Jesus? Gospel JN 20:1-9 On the first day of the week, Mary of Magdala came to the tomb early in the morning, while it was still dark, and saw the stone removed from the tomb. So she ran and went to Sim…Read More
- Easter Sunday – Daily Reading and Reflection on the Gospel
- 16 hours ago Kris McGregoran excerpt from today's reflection by Don Schwager: One thing is certain, if Jesus had not risen from the dead and appeared to his disciples, we would never have heard of him. Nothing else could have changed sad and despairing men and women into p…Read More
- Day 3 - Divine Mercy Novena
- 24 hours ago Kris McGregor“Today bring to Me all Devout and Faithful Souls, and immerse them in the ocean of My mercy. These souls brought me consolation on the Way of the Cross. They were a drop of consolation in the midst of an ocean of bitterness.” Most Merciful Jesus,…Read More
- Day 2 - Divine Mercy Novena
- 2 days ago Kris McGregor“Today bring to Me the Souls of Priests and Religious, and immerse them in My unfathomable mercy. It was they who gave me strength to endure My bitter Passion. Through them as through channels My mercy flows out upon mankind.” Most Merciful Jesus,…Read More
- Good Friday – Daily Reading and Reflection on the Gospel
- 3 days ago Kris McGregoran excerpt from today's reflection by Don Schwager: We can find no greater proof of God's love for us than the willing sacrifice of his Son on the cross. Jesus' parting words, "It is finished!" express triumph rather than defeat. Jesus bowed his h…Read More
- Day 1 - Divine Mercy Novena
- 3 days ago Kris McGregor“Today bring to Me all mankind, especially all sinners, and immerse them in the ocean of My mercy. In this way you will console Me in the bitter grief into which the loss of souls plunges Me.” Most Merciful Jesus, whose very nature it is to have…Read More
- HR#24 “The Monk, the Missionary Spirit and Evangelization” – The Holy Rule of St. Benedict with Fr. Mauritius Wilde O.S.B
- 3 days ago Kris McGregorFrom the Holy Rule of St. Benedict: St.-Benedict-d PROLOGUE Listen, O my son, to the precepts of thy master, and incline the ear of thy heart, and cheerfully receive and faithfully execute the admonitions of thy loving Father, that by the to…Read More
“Discerning Hearts is a trusted resource for Catholic spirituality and teaching. I support it as an apostolate for the new evangelization that brings the Good News to every corner of the world through the internet.”
Most Reverend George J. Lucas,
Archbishop of Omaha
Please consider donating in order keep this mission of evangelization afloat on the digital sea.
We are a non-profit 501(c)(3) TAX EXEMPT ministry
“Discerning Hearts offers orthodox resources for those who are serious about deepening their understanding of the spiritual life and the teachings of Holy Mother Church. I support this apostolate, which makes the treasury of Catholic wisdom and knowledge readily available.”
Most Reverend James Conley,
Bishop of Lincoln
Discerning Hearts is an outstanding resource for those searching for a deeper spirituality. It contains so many authors and speakers for enriching our spirituality. It’s a trusted resource and so quickly available. For those who live miles from their parish or a retreat center, this is the place to look! Join the many who are who are seeking the Face of God in a deeper way.
Most Reverend William J. Dendinger
Bishop of Grand Island
Please consider helping us. We are little boat on the big digital sea... We are non-profit 501(c)(3) TAX EXEMPT Public Charity Status 17 (b) (1) (A) (vi)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
This entry was posted on Saturday, June 11th, 2011 at 7:47 am
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.